The Division of Rheumatology is a subspecialty offering expertise in diagnosis of autoimmune diseases, musculoskeletal pain syndromes, periodic and prolonged fever conditions, multisystem inflammatory conditions, and connective tissue diseases. Treatment strategies are designed to capture all aspects of the child’s life; multidisciplinary, comprehensive, compassionate care. Rheumatology collaborates with all the subspecialties; in particular, ophthalmology, dermatology, orthopedics, nephrology, neurology and psychology.
- Juvenile Idiopathic Arthritis
- Systemic lupus Erythematosus
- Dermatomyositis, Polymyositis
- Localized scleroderma, Systemic Sclerosis
- Raynaud phenomenon and related vascular diseases
- Vasculitic syndromes; Henoch Schonlein Purpura, Kawasaki Disease, Wegener Granulomatosus
- Hypermobility Syndromes and other connective tissue diseases
- Fibromyalgia and related musculoskeletal pain syndromes; chronic fatigue syndromes.
- Post infectious rheumatic syndromes; including Acute Rheumatic Fever
- Intra-articular corticosteroid injections
View All Recent Publications
The division now has an ACGME accredited 3 year fellowship program for Pediatric Rheumatology.
MUSC Division of Pediatric Rheumatology
135 Rutledge Avenue, MSC 561
Charleston, SC 29425-5610