The Department of Pediatrics residency programs participate in the National Residency Matching Program. Applications are accepted exclusively through ERAS (Electronic Residency Application Service).
National Resident Matching Program
2450 N. Street N.W. Suite 201
Washington, DC 20037
Application Procedures and Guidelines
- Completed applications received in November are given priority consideration for interviews.
- Applications must be received by December 31.
- Interviews are scheduled, beginning the first weeks November and continuing through the end of January.
- Interviews are scheduled on Mondays and Wednesdays, with the exception of holidays.
Interview Selection Assessment Criteria
- Completed ERAS application
- Favorable Dean's Letter
- Medical School Transcript
- USMLE Step I score above 210
- Three strong letters of recommendation
- Personal Statement
- Research Experience
Applications for Foreign Medical Graduates
Mandatory requirements for foreign medical graduates include the same criteria as US applicants plus all of the following:
- One full year of United States experience
- Medical school graduation within the past two years (unless already enrolled/completed domestic residency program)
- Excellent communication in English - both written and verbal
- Score above 220 on Step 1 and Step 2 of USMLE on the first attempt
- Additional materials may be required
- Categorical / Primary Care Track programs only accept J1 visa
- The Internal Medicine / Pediatrics Residency Program will only sponsor J1 VISAs. Foreign medical graduates should be aware that the program will not make any special considerations for an H1B visa.
Thank you for your interest in the Medical University of South Carolina Children's Hospital and the Department of Pediatrics Residency Program. MUSC is an equal opportunity employer and all applicants are given equal consideration.
Pediatrics and Internal Medicine-Pediatrics Residency Programs
165 Ashley Avenue, MSC 561
Charleston, SC 29425
Phone: (843) 792-8972
Fax: (843) 792-9223
Krista Mysock, LMSW
Internal Medicine/Pediatrics and Pediatrics