Walter Bartynski, M.D.
Timothy Amrhein, M.D.
Current Research Projects:
Head and Neck Cancer
• Predictive role of perfusion CT – Dr. Amrhein, Dr. Rumboldt
• Accuracy of PET-CT for oral and oropharyngeal cancer recurrence - Dr. Spampinato, Dr. Rumboldt
• Thyroid cancer risks during CT perfusion studies of the neck – Dr. Spampinato with Dr. Huda
• Establishing criteria for extracapsular spread of metastatic nodal disease – Dr. Matheus
• Predictive role of extracapsular spread – possible staging adjustment – Dr. Matheus
• Rapamycin for oral and oropharyngeal cancer – Dr. Rumboldt (NIH)
• Diffusion Kurtosis Imaging (DKI) for glial brain neoplasms – Dr. Spampinato, Dr. Rumboldt, Dr. Amrhein
• Use of advanced MRI for evaluation and prediction of treatment response in recurrent glioblastoma multiforme (GBM) – Dr. Rumboldt, Dr. Spampinato
• Application of susceptibility-weighted imaging (SWI) for diagnosis and follow-up of brain tumors – Dr. Spampinato, Dr. Rumboldt
• Assessment of treated gliomas – Dr. Matheus